this blog is essentially an online diary of my little creative projects - if you can't fix it, throw some glitter over it and add a lacy edge and everything will be alright.

Monday 21 January 2013

japanese hair flower headband

i went a bit japanese hair flower mad a while back when making my bouquet of blue flowers that make a corner of my room even more pretty than it already was. but it didn't stop there! i also made this headband using some frida kahlo fabric, red buttons and an old mustard coloured band:


the largest of the flowers sits just above my ear when it's on so it looks rather good (if i say so myself). unlike the pointed petals of previous project the flowers here are rounded, this is because they are made by folding the circle of fabric in half ONCE and then gathered at the raw edge of the fabric to make a petal. the leaves are simply differing sizes of the pointed petals from previous projects. all stuck together with my trusty glue gun : ) huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment