it’s been such a long time since i last blogged! lots has happened – i graduated for university, was a reviewer for a month and moved house. moved…into an unfurnished house…with no income with which to buy furniture to fill it with I’m having to get creative (oh what a shame).
so! pillows! the most obvious thing to fill a front room with! and my local bargain shop thing sells 18 inch pillows for a pound : D but, oh no! there are no fabric shops in paisley : ( but fear not – there’s at least 10 charity shops within reasonable walking distance. but oh no! i left my sewing machine at my mum’s!
and so the lazy pillowcase was born…
you will need: a largish square scarf (most of mine cost £1/£1.50 from charity shops), a pillow, a needle and thread.
1. place the pillow in the middle of your scarf so that the corners of the pillow are pointing to the middles of the scarf’s edges.
2. pick up the corners of the scarf.
3. while holding the four corners of the scarf together, spin the pillow until it is quite tight.
4. allow the twisted bit to make a nice twist.
5. with your needle and thread sew one big stitch through the twist in such a way that it does not untwist.(you want to go straight through the knot here - i only did a couple of stitches as i may want to use these scarves as scarves at some point!)
6. enjoy your very lazy pillow! the knots look quite cool but obviously they're uncomfy to sit on...so like, just flip them over (see first pic of post) : )